Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christ is Lord

I hope you had a blessed and Christ filled Christmas. I keep thinking on the reasons I know Christ is real and in my life on a personal level. When I think about how far I have come and the changes I see in me, I know Christ has come. When I think about the temptation to retaliate in the worst ways to those who have hurt me and yet I resist, I know Christ has come. When I consider the mistakes I have made and the opportunities that show up to get me back on the right road again, I know that Christ has come. In one of my favorite verses there is a line that says that 'the goodness of God leads men to repentance'. I appreciate that goodness so much, because it can be hard to admit sometimes that God is sending messages to show me when I'm wrong, but His goodness has helped get to the place where I'm quick to say I'm sorry. This past year have made me acutely aware of the danger of allowing anything to compromise my relationship with God. Christ has come and I have no excuse not to rise in His ressurection power.

Let me share with you my question for today and however long I feel like meditating on it...If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not His own son but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things??.....Romans 8:31-32.

Get up, Christ has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment