Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Your time to shine

Genesis 39: 2 And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. (KJV)

What is stopping you from shining? Today I thought about the story of Joseph as I read a quote from Marianne Williamson regarding 'our deepest fears'. Sometimes we are afraid to shine even when life is good but I thought of Joseph because he obviously was shining even when the odds seemed to be stacked against him. He was a slave in Genesis 39 yet the verse said 'he was a prosperous man'. His secret.... the Lord was with him. Sometimes we are taken through wilderness periods and we may not know the purpose until God transitions us to a better place but there is always a purpose. Joseph never seemed to come across as the 'woe is me' type and reflecting on how God dislikes murmuring and complaining (check 1Corinthians 10:10 if you don't believe me) reminds me of how much this attitude can hinder prosperity and actually worsen adversity. I have been a complainer and a murmurer. It's an easy trap to fall into when you are being treated unfairly but what God disapproves of has no place in our life if we want the blessings we crave. Are you ready to shine today? Check yourself and see if you too have been murmuring and complaining, griping and groaning. Repent and work at changing your speech and watch how God prospers you even if others have put you in an unfair position. I can testify God lifts those who honors Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment