Monday, October 26, 2009

Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by your name. Jeremiah 15:16 NKV

So you prayed and identified your joy stealers. I'll veer off to encourage those that feel they have been hit way too hard to even think of joy. Maybe you are dealing with a death, divorce, chronic or fatal illness, or anything that you find insurmountable to you, I propose to you go through your period of mourning. Ecclesiatics 3:4 reminds us that there is a time to weep. But, yes but, after you have wept I would like you to ask yourself a very critical question based on Romans 8:35. Have your painful circumstances seperated you from God's love? They can make you feel that way if you let them, please don't let them. God loves you. Believing that is one of the keys to reclaiming your joy. I must tell you I believe He loves me so much that I'm not afraid to ask Him why, God whhhhhyyyyy. Does He always answer? Not always the way I would like but certainly He does send comfort.

Now moving on to the next step after praying and identifying joy stealers........prayer. Go to God and confess if you have been giving away your joy to something that you can overcome through Christ. I've come to the conclusion that I can overcome all things through Christ. So after confession I make my request known, Abba, Father, I want Your joy, in me and flowing out of me. I want it to be so full that anyone standing near me would be infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment