Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. May this year bring unexpected blessings and favor. May you find the joy that is soo deep that no trial can disturb it and a peace that even you can't understand.

I love New Years, new beginnings, yet just enough reflections on the old that keeps you reminded of just how great God is. Last year 2010 was one for the books. I have learned so much about myself and about the people I allowed to influence my life in ways that were robbing me of being all God wants me to be. I had to just let so much things and relationships go. I still have after shocks but I use them as a reason to celebrate the goodness of God in my life. I find myself stopping in the middle of my usual rush and melting into thankfulness. I am alive and in my right mind. Left up to the adversary of our souls, it wouldn't have been so.

Sometimes we walk through strange circumstances and we wish for a way quick and easy out, for someone who would understand and hold our hand through it all, for someone to truly and genuinely take your side but those wishes may remain just wishes. We are left with no other options but to either look up our give in to raw emotions that are far more dangerous than our enemies themselves. Sad to say I've fallen for option number 2 far too many times but even in those "oops I can't believe I did that again" times, I've proven that GOD IS.

Last year I've certainly learnt how important it is to sometimes shut your mouth unless you are talking to God. I've learnt the importance of praising Him even when I wanted to rant, rave, murmur and complain. Thing is praising God through the mucky times always resulted in good things, the complaining times just left me feeling worse. So trust me when I say no matter what it is your are going through...Praise God. When tears are flowing and you don't know what to do...Praise God. When your best friend turn and stab you in the back..Praise God and forgive, but move on, its a waste of time trying to play friends with those who truly hate you anyway and you don't have time to waste. Love them from a distance and ask God to help them see their ways. If you keep praising in spite of you will find that the right persons will show up in your life at the right time with the right word and the right attitudes and ...you get the picture.

Keep your head up, you are on the rise. I'll just leave you with a passage that sums up 2010 or me:

Psalms 124

1 If the LORD had not been on our side—let Israel say—
2 if the LORD had not been on our side
when people attacked us,
3 they would have swallowed us alive
when their anger flared against us;
4 the flood would have engulfed us,
the torrent would have swept over us,
5 the raging waters
would have swept us away.
6 Praise be to the LORD,
who has not let us be torn by their teeth.
7 We have escaped like a bird from the fowler’s snare;
the snare has been broken, and we have escaped.
8 Our help is in the name of the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment